What is Amazon Automation? And Why You Should Care
What is Amazon Automation? And Why You Should Care
Amazon automation refers to the automation of all the repetitive and routine Amazon seller business procedures, it contributes to improving the business workflow of amazon sellers.
Some examples of this are customer request chatbots, demand planning, order entry, receipt generation & much more.
Although this might sound like a newly coined term for many amazon sellers; Amazon automation has been in existence for a long time, and it consists of the following:
- Amazon FBA: Your products are processed at Amazon fulfillment centers, where the packing and shipping of customer orders are done. Also, all the returns and inventory management happen here.
- Third-Party Fulfilment: Other companies do the product handling other than Amazon, these are also known as the Amazon automation stores to manage your Amazon seller business. Additionally, many of these stores offer to manage your stores upfront and product listings. The third-party includes automating other amazon activities such as email marketing, and PPC advertising.
If you are an Amazon seller then you should care and research the Amazon automation program.
Here are the advantages of using Amazon automation:
- Improve your customer satisfaction.
- Win trust to get repeat buyers.
- Scale your business and make it run smoothly.
- Remove all probabilities of errors in order processing.
- Get more data about your business/customers.
- Manage your inventory more efficiently.
- Improve your product ranking on Amazon.
What is Amazon Automation & Why is It Controversial?
Amazon automation refers to the act, where you automate your tasks to improve your efficiency, sales performance, and business proficiency.
It allows you to have the free time to concentrate on your business & develop future business strategies for business growth.
Becoming a successful Amazon seller is not easy! If you are occupied with small, repetitive tasks, then you would have no time to think & make your business bigger. The majority of the Amazon sellers have opted for automation, whether it might be an FBA or any other third-party automation, and it has helped them to grow their business.
Even though Amazon automation has so many advantages, still it has been in the wrong light and had its fair share of controversies.
Many people claim that Amazon automation is a scam and is not required!
The one-word answer to this claim would be a big “NO”!
Amazon automation is not a scam! It is a service that takes care of the eCommerce business on Amazon. Coming to the Amazon automation part, there are two major players :
- FBA [ Fulfilled by Amazon]
- Third-party agencies/service providers.
There is nothing wrong with the FBA, and it is one of the best automation programs that you can opt for. However, there is a fee associated with it, and this might be high for many sellers who have low margins on their sales.
To fulfill this gap, there are third-party service providers who tend to provide amazon automation services. Most of these providers keep their fees lower than Amazon FBA as an optimal solution,
Now, there is where automation gets a bad name! Many third-party sellers do not provide quality services to their clients. Remember they have to keep the prices low and yes, not every agency is capable of providing high-quality automation services.
However, there are a lot of good automation agencies available for Amazon sellers. Always do a test run with an agency before you move on to pay the third-party agencies for automation.
Amazon Automation: What You Need to Know
As the name suggests, amazon automation is the process to automate amazon seller operations to make their business run smoother!
Small changes make a big impact, automating processes like invoicing, and order entries; then you will have a lot of time to think and strategize for growth plans.
However, there are some things that you should know before signing up for Amazon Automation:
- Different automation providers: When it comes to Amazon automation, there are two prominent players. The first one is the Amazon FBA and the second one is the third-party automation providers. Amazon FBA charges you up to 14.6% commission on every sale, whereas third-party sellers might charge you a commission or a fixed fee based on their service.
- Tools & more tools: There are different software & tools such as Amazon PPC tools, and Amazon chatbots that help you to keep your product listed on top and respond to every customer inquiry. Remember you have to maintain a good relationship with your customers & provide high-quality services,
- Not every tool is for you: Yes, you must do your research and make sure that the product or service has delivered results in the past. This is important because choosing a bad third-party agency/tool that does not help you to go ahead in the future might be a setback.
- Amazon Automation is Crucial: If you want to become a successful Amazon seller, then you must opt for amazon automation. It takes away all the stress of managing your order and delivering it to the customer’s doorstep. When you have a huge number of orders, then automation is required to keep it running smoothly.